School meals are cooked from fresh ingredients in our kitchen each day by Ms Hunter and her team of catering assistants. They are priced at £2.35 per meal.
Please note our price increase from September 1st 2023: School dinner - £2:50
The school’s catering service has been awarded the prestigious Catering Mark in recognition of the fresh and healthy meals served. This is based upon its use of:
- local food and suppliers including yoghurts from Longridge; free range eggs from Leyland, and beef, poultry, and seasonal fresh vegetables from across Lancashire.
- organic rice, pasta, flour, and milk
- unprocessed, fresh ingredients in over 80% of meals and no use of undesirable food additives like Tran’s fats
- U.K farm assurance standards
- no genetically modified ingredients
- fish served from the Marine Conservation Society (MCS) “fish to avoid” list.
It is our policy to provide a service for those pupils with medically diagnosed food allergies, food intolerances or a medical condition which affects eating requirements.
All menus are prepared to comply with the standards for school food and all new dishes are tested by children. There’s always fresh fruit and salad, homemade bread, and locally produced yoghurt available daily.
Arranging a school meal
Opting for a school meal for your child usually means having a school meal each day of the week. For those who prefer to have a packed lunch brought from home, there is the option of having a school meal on a Friday only, when it is our Friday Favourite Day. On these days there are options for children’s most favourite foods such as pizza, fish fingers, chips, cookies, or ice-cream.
If you haven’t already registered your child to have a school meal, or if your existing preferences have changed, please use this on-line form or alternatively, call the school office. Please do not make these arrangements through your child’s class teacher.
If you want your child to have an occasional Friday Favourite school meal, you will be invited to register for this monthly via Jigsaw, the School’s App.
Payment and charges
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they are in a government-funded school, such as ours, and in any of our Reception, Year 1, or Year 2 classes.
Free School Meals
If you think you may qualify for free school meals and are in receipt of any form of family support, please contact Lancashire’s Pupil Access Team on 01772 532109. Your child may qualify for free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Universal Credit with a household income of less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income-Based Jobseekers’ Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, not entitled to Working Tax Credit and household income less than £16,190 Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ – the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you finish work